Complaints Policy and Procedure – Zentern Internships
Zentern Internships is part of Story K.K. registered in Tokyo, Japan.
1. Complaints Policy Statement
- will take any concern or complain seriously and will look into it promptly, to solve a concern or complain as quickly as possible
- is committed to providing quality services to our customers, other agencies and organisations including host companies and universities
- recognises that all customers, agencies and organisations
– have the right to raise concerns or complaints about our services
– have access to clear information on how to voice complaints and concerns
- will deal with complaints in line with Zentern Internships Confidentiality policy
- will keep a list of all complaints, which will be reviewed by all our staff to further improve our services
- complaints procedure will be part of the process of monitoring the quality, effectiveness and non-discriminatory nature of its services
- All Zentern staff are required to read, understand and comply with this policy and its procedures
2.1 Zentern Internships strives for high standards in service delivery and welcomes feedback from anyone who works with us. Such feedback is invaluable in helping us improve our work and services.
2.2 The objectives of Zentern Internships complaints policy and procedures are to:
- Ensure everyone knows how to make a complaint and how a complaint will be handled
- Ensure that complaints are dealt with consistently, fairly and sensitively within clear time frames
- Provide individuals with a fair and effective way to complain about our work
- Ensure that complaints are monitored to improve our services
2.3 Zentern Internships will ensure that we:
- Listen carefully to complaints and treat complaints as confidential, where possible
- Record, store and manage all complaints safely
- Investigate the complaint fully, objectively and within the stated time frame
- Notify the complainant of the results of the investigation and any right of appeal
- Inform the complainant of any action that will be implemented in order to ensure that there is no re-occurrence
3. Definition of a complaint
3.1 A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction by a customer, whether justified or not.
3.2 A customer may make a complaint if they feel Zentern Internships has:
- Failed to provide a service or an acceptable standard of service or made a mistake in the way the service was provided
- Failed to act in a proper way
- Provided an unfair service
3.3 This policy and procedure relates only to complaints received about Zentern Internships and its services.
4. Concern or Complaint
4.1 It is important to establish the difference between a concern and a complaint. Taking informal concerns seriously at the earliest stage will reduce the likelihood of their developing into formal complaints.
4.2 If you have any concerns about our work please notify us as soon as possible, so we can quickly understand your concerns and try to solve it.
4.3 If you are not happy with the response to your concern and/or you want to make a formal complaint please follow the procedure below.
5. Complaints Procedure
5.1 Zentern Internships aims to settle the majority of complaints quickly and satisfactorily by the member of staff who provides the service. The complaint may be resolved quickly by way of an apology or by an acceptable explanation to the customer.
5.2 There are three stages to the complaint’s procedure:
Stage One – the complaint
Stage Two – investigation
Stage Three – Result
6. Stage One – Complaint
6.1 The complaint can be written by email. However, the complainant will need to (digitally) sign it. A (handwritten or typed) letter including a sign by the complainant, scanned and send by email is acceptable as well.
6.2 Individuals wishing to make a complaint should contact the person who provided the service.
6.3 The complaint should include the complainants name and address, the nature and date of the complaint and how they want to see it resolved.
6.4 Complainants must receive an acknowledgement within 5 business days after Zentern Internships has received their letter.
7. Stage Two – Investigation
7.1 All complaints at this stage should be dealt with by a manager.
7.2 Complaints will be fully investigated, and a written response will be provided within 4-weeks.
7.4 Where the complaint is upheld an apology should be offered.
7.5 Occasionally investigations may take longer, particularly if the complaint is complex. Should this be the case the complainant will be informed about this.
8. Stage Three – Results
8.1 The complainant will receive written confirmation of the outcome of any investigation any recommendations/remedies made, such as reviewing of policies, staff development and training or appropriate improvement to our services.
9. Anonymous complaints
9.1 Complaints received anonymously will be recorded and considered, but action may be limited if further information is required to ensure a full and fair investigation.
10.1 To process a complaint Zentern Internships will hold personal data about the complainant, which the individual provides, and which other people give in response to the complaint. We will hold this data securely and only use it to address the complaint. The identity of the person making the complaint will only be known to those who need to consider the complaint and will not be revealed to other people or made public. However, it may not be possible to preserve confidentiality in some circumstances, for example, where relevant legislation applied or allegations are made which involve the conduct of third parties.
10.2 Zentern Internships will normally destroy complaints files in a secure manner one year after the complaint has been closed.